Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Education Dialogue: Pre-K through 12 Public Education Funding in Texas
Monday, October 8, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM (CDT)
The goal of The University of Texas Elementary School Fall 2012 Education Dialogue event is to inform our constituents about how legislative appropriations affect public school funding, the impact that recent cuts are making on schools, and what this means for Texas students, for the future workforce and our economy.
This is a free and purely informational event. Seating is limited so please register ahead of time.
Emcee: Melissa Chavez, Executive Director, University of Texas Elementary School
Moderator: Evan Smith, Texas Tribune
Jason Sabo, Frontera Strategy
Bob Sanborn, Chief Executive Officer, Children at Risk
Commissioner Tom Pauken, Chair, Texas Workforce Commission
Dr. Catherine Clark, Associate Executive Director for Governance Services, Texas Association of School Boards
The Bass Lecture Hall is located on the basement level of the LBJ School of Public Affairs, Sid Richardson Hall Unit III, 2315 Red River Street, Austin, Texas, 78713, at The University of Texas at Austin. Directions from Interstate 35:
- From North-bound IH-35, just past the 15th Street exit, move to either of the left 2 lanes to take the lower deck.
- From South-bound IH-35, just past the 51st Street exit, move to either of the left 2 lanes to take the lower deck.
- Take the Manor Road Exit (exit 235B).
- Go West on Manor Road towards The University of Texas campus.
- At the first light, Red River, turn right (North).
- At the bottom of the hill, turn left into the LBJ Visitors' Parking lot—Lot 38. The entrance is flanked by banners for the Museum. Parking in adjacent UT-permit-only parking lots may result in fines.
- Bass Lecture Hall is located in Sid Richardson Hall, which houses the LBJ School of Public Affairs; head down the stairway to Bass Lecture Hall.
Free parking is available in the designated parking lot (38). Lot 38 features an entrance flanked by LBJ Library banners.
Please note that there are several University of Texas permit-only parking lots next to Lot 38 and parking in those permit-only lots may result in fines.
For questions, please contact Angie Pete Yowell at email@example.com or 512-232-8139.
Special Thanks to our Sponsors
The Lyndon B. Johnson Library
The Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, Dr. Jane Lincove and
the Center for Health and Social Policy